Under the Canopy
Under the Canopy
This is a beautiful seasonal cowl, showcasing Harrisville Design Nightshades and Spincycle Dreamstate yarns.
It gets dark quicker under the forest canopy. These florals and ferns are a celebration of those shadowy corners where you might spot a bright bit of colour as the sun goes down. This meditative colourwork cowl is worked in the round and grafted at the end. Pair a jewel tone with a moody heathered wool for a nighttime vibe, or switch to a soft neutral with brighter shades to think of sunrise in the woods. Then toss it on with every outfit to keep you warm whatever the light. – Andrea Rangel
You can select your favourite bundle using the drop-down below
Under the Canopy by Andrea Rangel Knits – Bundles
The “Under the Canopy” by Andrea Rangel knits celebrates beautiful florals and ferns living under the shadowy corners of the forest canopy as the sun goes down. This colourful cowl is knitted on the round and grafted at the end. You can pair it with moody heathered wool for nighttime vibes or with brighter and neutral shades reminiscing of sunrise in the wood. Because “Under the Canopy” cowl is so versatile, you can throw it on with any outfit to keep you warm and look strikingly fabulous…
This cowl lends itself to so many colour variations, so we have put together bundle options for you. As well as Andrea’s original colours in Spincycle wool we have curated our own combinations using Harriswille Designs Nightshades together with different Spincycle Dream State; such yummy shades!
- Andrea’s original bundle includes: Harrisville Designs nightshades & Spincycle Yarns Dreamstate
- Sapodilla bundle includes: Harrisville Nighsdades Insomnia & Spincycle Dream State Rusted Rainbow & Salty dog.
- Waterlilly bundle includes: Harrisville Nighsdades Cinder & Spincycle Dream State Rusted Rosy Maple & Calluna.
- Forest Floor bundle includes: Harrisville Nighsdades Vinyl& Spincycle Dream State Close Call & Stay Ready.
- Passiflora bundle includes: Harrisville Nighsdades Talk Radio & Spincycle Dream State: Nevruary & Good Omen
- Treetop bundle includes: Harrisville Nighsdades Street Light & Spincycle Dream State Afternoon Delight & Deep Bump
- Reach for the sky bundle includes: Harrisville Nighsdades Dashboard Spincycle Dream State Earth & Overpasses
Because our bundles do not include the pattern, you can find it on Ravelry.
You will need:
- Yarn: on of our bundles
- Suggested Needles: US 6/4.0mm – 24”/60cm circulars & US 5/3.75mm – 24”/60cm circulars
- Stitch marker
- Waste yarn
- Size G-6/4 crochet hook
- Spare 16-inch needle in the same or smaller size than smaller tapestry needle
Gauge (in the round and measured after blocking):
22 sts & 24 rows = 4”/10cm in colour work with larger needles; Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
Colourwork: suggested size US8/5 mm needles
Single-colour Stockinette stitch: suggested size US 6/4 mm needles.
Finished Measurements: 26.5”/767.5cm circumference
Andrea's Original, Sapodilla, Waterlilly, Forest colour, Passiflora, Tree Top, Reach for the Sky